Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's only a Game!

Last night's European Cup Final between Chelsea and Manchester United was a fantastic advert for the beautiful game and funnily enough someone had asked me in the lift yesterday morning what result I wanted...

I said I'd like a 3:3 draw after extra time and penalties and to be honest it certainly could have been 3:3... first half to Manchester United, second half to Chelsea... and anyone could have won it. The person I feel for this morning is John Terry who played brilliantly and then slipped and missed the penalty. The sign of true greatness is how he manages to pick himself up and get back on the field to do better... and we can all learn from his example, his courage, his passion, his commitment and his despair. Someone told me once that it doesn't matter whether you win or lose until you lose!
Chris

No comments: